Sunday 8 January 2017

New York NewYork! in December

I finally  made a trip to New York City,  long time wish..
First sight of the skyline thru bus window.

The bus driver played Sinatra's  New York New York   as we drove thru  the Lincoln Tunnel and crossed from New Jersey into Manhattan...so apropos... Saw so many sights  from Central Park , Strawberry Fields , to  Grand Central Terminal Concourse even tried the whispering corner. It really does  work. 

windows in Grand Central

 Times Square, 
 

ball is on top
 

 

Dinner at Bubba Gumps  Times Square,


Yellow Cabs,very very busy streets;

Pier 16 and Zepher boat, candy store, Hallmark tree.

 

Pier 16


 

candy store

Hallmark Tree

Macys and windows,


Skyline, 
  boat cruise on the Hudson
Statue of Liberty , Ellis Island,


Empire State Building at sunset,


so  amazing to see city lit at night

Rockefeller  tree and rink,


Brooklyn   lights in Dyker  Heights. A magical  walk.

I have never seem so many lights  in one spot

]Radio City Music Hall and Rockettes Christmas Spectacular.


Bryant Park and Ice Rink , Christmas market  ,needed a rest so sat and watched Zamboni , laughed at this very Canadian thing to do..


Bank of America  Winter Wonderland at Bryant Park
Zamboni  at rink in Bryant Park
9/11 memorial

 

Architecture

Impressive  variety of building
Me  at  Times Square and at Bryant Park with  warm fuzzy hat  just bought at Xmas market..
Bryant Park

Times Square
Wonderful   trip; very busy, saw   the highlights of the city.... 





3 comments:

Victoria said...

LOVE your pictures!!! What a great looking trip! I've been to NYC just once, a long, long, long, time ago when I was in my early 20's. I enjoyed it but wouldn't want to live there. Glad you had a great time.

Karen said...

Rosemary, what a lovely, exciting trip you had! I've never been to New York, but now I feel as if I've tagged along with you. So much to see and do, what an experience.

Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog. You warmed my heart! Please give your mother a hug from me.

Donna Heber said...

Hi Rosemary,

NYC is fantastic around the holidays. I'm so glad you got a chance to go and enjoy the sites.