Tuesday 9 August 2011

Bloomin Tuesday- Limelight Hydrangea with friends

Isn't she lovely?  song runs thru my head when I look at this  Lime light Hydrangea  3 years old now and   even with the dry hot summer it is a standout in the garden....The molina grass in background is  suffering this summer from the dryness . Sedums  right besdie  are unaffected.

Up close and personal. Blooms are huge this year, I will be drying some of these.



Autumn Joy Sedum putting on colour, just a hint of soft pink showing.

1  Rose of Sharon bush with  2 colurs on it... a bonus! was supposed to be only rose and white blooms.Lovely mauve has  also shown up..

































Summer Hibiscus is positioned by the patio table , for ease of appreciating the many large tissue like  flowers....




I started  Zinnias indoors   in the spring  2 new colours Zahara Rose and Zahara Orange...   They are bright and cheerful.

They are  smallish  plants  covered with lots of  buds and blooms  opening to about  1  1/2 inch  but I   think I like  larger blossoms .

11 comments:

Racquel said...

Your Limelight is stunning, it's my favorite Hydrangea of all in my garden. You have some very pretty blooms this week Rosemary. :)

Becca's Dirt said...

Gorgeous hydrangea. Love the shape of the blooms. Also love the little zinnias. I like the small much better than the towering 4 and 5 foot that I have. But they sure put out some pretty blooms. The hibuscus is a show stopper. Sedum will be added to my garden next year.

Rosanne said...

The limelight is beautiful! As are the other blooms too!

Pat said...

Think I have the same Hibiscus,the flowers are larger than my hand.
So want the limelight. Have seen them on Tina's blog and in neighbors yard but wasn't sure what they were. Hoping their blooms last as long as the mopheads.

Paula said...

What lovely blooms! I would love to try a hydrangea - they don't do well here but I have a greenhouse this summer - do you think I could plant it in a pot and move it? Thanks for any ideas, Paula from Idaho

Dan said...

Lovely blooms Rosemary!

Diana LaMarre said...

Hi Rosemary,
Another Limelight! Everyone but me seems to have one. I want one, too!

I have the same Rose of Sharon bush, but mine has never bloomed. It's not looking like it bloom this year either. If it doesn't, I am going to move it to a sunnier location.

I love to see the pink hue of Sedum AJ. I have probably a hundred of them. I am going to run out now and see if they are showing any pink. I think it's usually the first of Sept. before mine get pink.

You have a lot of pretty blooms. I enjoyed this post!

J. Smith said...

Rosemary, Your limelight is beautiful! Mine is almost blooming. Looks like yourgarden is surviving the weather, your blooms are beautiful! Jean

poppilinnstudios said...

Hi Rosemary,
Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous! The Hydrangea is stunning! Have a good day.
-Lynn

Linda said...

Gorgeous blooms

Victoria Williams said...

That hydrangea is gorgeous! Our hibiscus haven't bloomed yet.