Wednesday 16 February 2011

Supper-Marinated Baked Tilapia with garlic, herbs and lemon

I have always struggled to    cook and eat fish..  Seafood, shrimp , lobster  and crab   I love but    fresh or frozen  fish   I just can't seem to  develop a love for it.  Who doesn't love fresh salmon? Me! Canned is fine  .  Tuna canned is fine..  Tuna steak  just okay...   I will say I did have Mahi Mahi in Hawaii and it was fabulous.  Perhaps I should move there.
I do keep trying to cook and eat fish tho. Found a recipe  at Allrecipes for a marinated baked tilapia. Tilapia being a mild fish I can eat  if not happily.


2 tilapia fillets
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and some lemon slices.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic,used both elephant and regular.
1 teaspoon Mrs Dash  lemon and garlic
pepper to taste
Combine;
Marinate for  4 hours in the fridge.

Bake, covered with foil  at 375 for about 30 minutes until fish flaky.
Hubby loved it  ..

6 comments:

Rosanne said...

So you didn't love it? I think you should move to Hawaii, eat lots of MahiMahi and I'll come visit!

Jennifer@threedogsinagarden said...

My mother rarely served fish when I was a child and so as an adult, I have never felt confident about cooking it. I do like salmon and have managed to cook it relatively successfully. I haven't done much experimenting with other fish. It is nice to know that tilapia is a mild fish and your recipe is so simple even I could pull it off!

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Rosemary... I seem to have the same struggle. I've copied and printed your recipe! Thanks!! :-)

Rosemary said...

Rosanne I think it was okay but not thrilled
Jennifer It is mild but it is still fish LOL.
Shady Hope you like it.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

We too are not fish lovers, unless you count fish sticks. Only once can I recall real fish being cooked by us. It was palatable and rather tasty and you can find it under my recipes as parmesan baked salmon.

Victoria Williams said...

That fish looks great, but then I LOVE seafood.