Saturday 17 July 2010

Staycation

This last week has been busy . Not only did I have the pleasure of my Granddaughter Brittany visitin with all the fun of the beach and Eco Adventure but also ventured to Lavender Daze Open House and Field Day at Purple Daze Lavender farm . There was a good selection of lavender products and a lavender lemonade that was yummy. There were many craft booths including some with ribbon reading and sand readings.
Rosanne and Brittany
Stopped at Country Candle Shop .

Wonderful scented candles .
We enjoyed lunch at Florence Estates Winery.
I indulged in one of the specials that day Eggs Mornay. So good.

Brittany got to taste different apple ciders..

Rounded out the day browsing at Hertiage Lane Garden
and shop
The gardens are lovely to wander thru and I fell in love with this daylily ,now the question is do I have room in my garden for it.
Plus a little boutique called the Blue Heron on the main street of Port Rowan and the finish , an ice cream cone at the old fashioned Twins ice cream parlour..
Then yesterday spent the day in Stratford , where the Shakespearean Festival Theatre is.
Browsing the quaint shops and enjoying the flowers... Dined out at the Sun Room.
Accompanied by Rosanne, Brittany and my Mom .


Did I purchase much? A lavender soap. A birthday present. A Christmas present. Yes I am thinking way ahead .
All and all certainly feel like I have been on vacation this week even tho everywhere I travelled was close to home.

3 comments:

Rosanne said...

It has been fun! Great pics!

Linda said...

What a lovely week. Staycations are the best, you can tour around and see all the things you might not ever go to, and return to your own home each night. Very often we forget to visit the things close to home.

Lythrum said...

Looks like you had a great time, it looks like a really interesting place to go. Staycations are my idea of a good time. I had a question/favor for you also. My daughter's name is Rowan and I am collecting pictures of place-names with Rowan on it. Sometime when you're out and about could you take a picture of something that says Port Rowan on it?