Sunday 7 June 2009

Village Garage Sale

Saturday was the village wide Annual Garage sale extravaganza. Bargain hunters were starting to circle the streets at 6:30 AM long before the 8AM start time , even before homes had their tables set up.
The weather was warm and sunny and by 9AM the streets were filled with people, cars and trucks.....
.... the place took on a carnival atmosphere.
I strolled the streets catching the shoppers in action.....
There was everything imaginable, from dog beds , crystal dishes, bikes , electronics, furniture and on and on.
Did I find and treasures? Of course!
Lena Lui jigsaw for only $2. will be doing this puzzle in the winter......

Antique glass lemon reamer $5
Was a fun day!

7 comments:

Linda said...

It is so much fun when a lot of homes get together to have a yard sale. It sounds like a great day.

Lythrum said...

Looks like you found some good stuff. I like the lemon reamer. :)

Hootin' Anni said...

Wow...that lemon 'juicer' brings back memories of my mom. She'd always make her lemonade/sometimes orange juice with one just like that.

And yes, you can 'steal' the hate meme ....it's found here...

http://sundaystealing.blogspot.com/

This site has a 'stolen' meme each Sunday.

Rosanne said...

It does look like it was busy and you got some great finds!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I love those juicers! I have several. Tomorrow, I am planning on organizing my kitchen. We'll see if I let myself keep all of the 4 or so that I have. It depends on what else I'm willing to part with, or at least put somewhere else.

Fun post!

Anonymous said...

Love the juicer!

Victoria Williams said...

That really looks like fun. Love your lemon squeezer.