Thursday 26 March 2009

Cabbage Apple Salad

Back in the Fridge again, what do I have to use up?
Cabbage, yogurt and apples.........
There are lots of cabbage apple salad recipes around.
Concocted this creation to avoid using oil.
4 cups shredded cabbage
1/4 tsp. salt
3 shredded apples ( Macs in mine, use whatever is at hand)
1/4-1/2 cup raisins
200 g. vanilla fat free yogurt(about 1/2 cup)
2-3 TBSP. lemon juice

Very simple and a touch sweeter than I usually like salad.........still is very yummy.

Serves 4 , approx. 50 calories per serving.

9 comments:

Noodlegirl said...

oh i like this one!

Mary said...

Rosemary,

It sounds delicious. Thanks for the tip.

Blessings for a great day.
Mary

Rosanne said...

This does sound good!

Victoria Williams said...

All you cooks out there, so busy making up great stuff.
Have I told you I really like your new header?

Rosemary said...

Rosemary said; easy!

Rosemary said...

Rosemary said; Thanks Mary

Rosemary said...

Rosemary said; Thanks Rosanne, yummy it is!

Rosemary said...

Rosemary said; Thanks Kim and Victoria, for the compliment on my header, pretty tulips they are unfortunately not from my garden!

Anonymous said...

Thought I left a comment on this yesterday - it's not here! Hmmm!
This salad looks really good, and I think I would like it!