Sunday 16 July 2017

She Deck

Everyone has heard of she sheds which I think is a  great idea.
With my condo the only spot I have is a rather weathered deck off the dining room. It was very badly weathered  with  boards  mildewed and  starting to rot.   .
Missed my  old screened porch  at Avon  .. Could I make something similar? Also not a lot of privacy from  2 homes  just over the fence.
 Came home from  cruise and decided to  get busy refurbishing  deck.
Unfortunately the condo only allows  Thompsons water seal . Did find  a cedar colour Thompson's that matched  my brick  .. Got busy.
My finished product with  gazebo installed and new  lounge furniture,Added   rug and Chinese lanterns that light up  in the evening, Candles for a bit of glow. Pots of fragrant plants. Keep the  screens drawn  so gives a feeling of enclosure and privacy.
Coffee  in the morning , lunches and  suppers , reading  with a glass of wine ,
Might  not be a she shed but this she deck makes me very happy.

No comments: