Wednesday 27 February 2013

Vellum

LRW'S  Tammy challenged us  this week to use vellum.
She inspired me to get busy. Found a card on Pinterest that   gave me a direction..
 Thoughts of Easter had me thinking   soft spring colours , maybe because it is a  cold  half sleet  half snow  grey day; I found some soft mauve   card stock  with the vellum dry embossed using a swirl   cuttlebug folder  , stamped  a bloom on vellum with white ink  and cut out   , a double use!.


Added some mauve  brads ,  double white ribbon,  a pearlized button  and  2 tags( not 100% happy with tags, will have to change them )  . Used a swirl stamp to decorate the interior and hide mechanics from front...
 
 
Think I will add one of these  free printable sentiments to the interior.
Found  these on the Internet.
 
  Have my first Easter card done!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I really need to try embossing vellum; it looks great! Lovely card.
Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!!

Rosanne said...

Such a soft pretty card! Love the sentiment you found too!

Jennifer said...

Hi Rosemary, I was shocked to hear on the radio this morning that it is March 1st. The winter weather gave me no hints, and the terrible cold I have made me lose track of the days slipping by at light speed.
I must confess that I haven't given much thought to Easter. I always like to make Easter eggs and a few spring decorations.
I like this card and the printable sentiment is cute. Have a great weekend!