Tuesday 2 October 2012

October has arrived!

October has arrived  and with it cooler but warm days.
It is  time to start to   clean up the garden .
Forecasting  more rain and frost at the end of this week.....

 Still  I have some flowers   showing off. Will wait until a hard frost before these beauties  go.

Coleus seems to brighten in colour with the cooler temps




Heurchera, Autumn Leaves, wonderful rich colour!

Last of the veggies:

Time to harvest the last of the tomatoes.


What to do with the green tomatoes?
 The cherry tomatoes are  so sweet..
Transplant and divide perennials.

Frosty Morn sedum cut back divided into  3 clumps repositioned into I hope a better locale.

Enjoy the last blooms of a very vigorous morning glory.


Morning glories are usually   frosted by now...

Last of Betty Boop Rose .
So bright
That is what is happening in my garden this first week of October..

4 comments:

Anna Hanley said...

Hello Rosemary, I am a new follower. I have been thinking the same about my garden and plants. I am very happy it is Fall. However, unhappy that the flowers will die soon. Blessing, Anna

Muffy's Marks said...

Beautiful last glimpses of your flowers, and vines. Mine have been long gone for a couple of weeks already.

Donna Heber said...

Your gardens are still hanging on Rosemary and look wonderful! I'll be sad to see it all go, but it will leave more time for card making :-)

Rosanne said...

Wow, that morning glory is amazing!