Tuesday 28 August 2012

Bloomin' Tuesday Aug. 28th

Joining in  with Jean on Bloomin Tuesday.
After another  2 weeks of dry hot weather Monday we  received another   rainy day .
....thank goodness..
  Needless to say the garden has certainly perked up with the rain.

The rain  has encouraged  the morning glories to come into full bloom.
Morning glories are  one of my favourite plants  partly because of the wonderful sky blue colour and the wonder of watching a flower open before my eyes..... have the time to watch in retirement. :-)
    Just starting to open
Open a little more;
 Almost there;
Fully open in that wonderful sky blue colour;

See the little bud to the left  yet to open  travellers clematis.
Still putting on a good show in the late  summer garden is Black eyed Susan and  Dark Knight Buddleia
Coming into flower is September Morn Japanese Anemone. 
Bright sunshine this morning has washed out the colour ...

Very happy with the back drop of the  red leafed Japanese Maple......
 These are the stars of my garden this week....

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I love anemones, I hope mine come back this year. Your flowers are very beautiful.

Gabby said...

I love morning glories, too. Your black eyed susans look great. Mine are finished for the year.

Rosanne said...

Wonderful shots of the morning glory! And I like the buddleia against the black eyed susans.

Liz @ Sit With Me In My Garden said...

I see we're on the same page with the morning glories!
Great shots of them unfurling! Mine hide up high and I can't see them easily!
Great shot of the Buddleia with the black eyed susan's behind! The anemone's are so pretty and what a great contrast next to the weeping Japanese maple!

Linda said...

Lovely blooms. My blue morning glories have been bigger than ever this year.

daisy g said...

We love morning glories around here too. You've got a lovely header!

Jean said...

Love the morning glory header and watching one open! I really need to plant some next year. Great post! Gladnyou're geting some rain. Jean

Donna Heber said...

Hi Rosemary,

Your morning glories are really putting on a show. I loved see the stages as they open. Your butterfly bush and black-eyed susans make a lovely combination.

Lisa @ My Omaha Garden said...

Thanks for stopping by my site. I'm amazed at folks like you who have such variety and color, AND know the names of your plants!

Rosemary said...

Thanks for all the kind comments!

Kranky Granny said...

Love the morning glories. I planted them for the first time this year and they are lovely.

Jennifer said...

Hi Rosemary, I planted some morning glories and am still patiently waiting for them to bloom. (they are in half-shade and were planted late). In the meantime, I can admire your pretty blue ones. Have a great long weekend!

Victoria Williams said...

Love your new header, and the morning glories. I too love them in the garden. Still waiting on my Japanese anemones to bloom.