Tuesday 17 July 2012

Sprinkles!

Yes we had sprinkles on Sunday. In the morning and later in the day.


See the wet pavement. Enough to  half fill the birdbath......

See the black eyed Susan's starting to flower

So grateful for any rain  after the heat and dryness.....
Surprisingly the garden is holding up well partly because I did mulch this spring and partly because I am doing only necessary  watering when plants droop..


Oriental lilies are just starting to open....

Abraham Darby rose is re flowering.
Rose of Sharon is stating to bloom I have  white and pink blooms on one shrub.



Buddleia is in full blossom ,  so early .
Today a high of 35 C. with a threat of thunderstorms....... So hoping to see more rain..

Joining in at Jean's Bloomin Tuesday....... check her out  lots of great gardens.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Our short, short sprinkle on Sunday didn't even wet the ground except with big spots. We are still waiting for some rain and until then we just get hotter and hotter. I love photos taken after the rain.

Rosanne said...

Very pretty blooms

Jean said...

Love pictures with water drops! We had some rain but not nearly enough. More tomorrow, hopefully. Jean

Donna Heber said...

Hi Rosemary,

I hope the sprinkles make it over to my house. We really could use some rain. I'm getting a little tired of trying to water everything. Your Buddleia is gorgeous! I planted a small one this year and praying it comes back next year. I'm off to check out your card in the post below.

Jennifer said...

Hi Rosemary, That butterfly bush is a particularly pretty shade of eggplant. A bloom on my year-old Rose of Sharon opened today for the first time, an exciting moment given my past failures with this late bloomer. Gosh, I hope we get some rain here soon!! I went out into the back garden today and was alarmed to see the condition it was in. Out came the garden hose! I hate to think about this year's water bill. Have a great weekend Rosemary!

garden maintenance tips said...

It looks so beauty. also charm our heart

Victoria Williams said...

Those drops on the flowers look wonderful. It's been over a month for us......