Monday 28 November 2011

2012 Milk Calender Macaroni and Cheese

Just last week received the  2012  Milk Calender .
Always look forward to  this calender arriving with so many yummy  recipes..
 Link to recipes here....
Browsing the recipes on a rainy wet Saturday.

Comfort food....needed to  brighten up the day..
Chose March's dish.
Stove top Macaroni and cheese.........
Wondered  how this would turn out as I have always done Baked  Macaroni and Cheese ......
Raves for this  dish
It is  quite  cheesy in flavour,  bonus is the ease of prep and it  has the dry mustard I love to add.....
This  is a lightened up version from 1995. Even so over 500 calories per serving.... Does serve 4 more than adequately. 



Added a bit of extra cheddar   sprinkled over the top
Don't think I will be going back to the oven  version....Wonder what I will make  next?
If you have tried something out of this calender   do let me know.....

3 comments:

Rosanne said...

Oh glad to know this recipe is a keeper, will try it out.

Karen said...

Hi Rosemary, Yum, this looks SO good. I copied the recipe to try it myself. It sounds so much tastier than the blue box version I always make. (I know, shame on me!) I wish I had enough cheese in the house, I'd be whipping this one up for supper tonight!

You've had rainy, dark, damp and gloomy weather, too? Same here. No snow though, so I guess that's a plus. Sort of. LOL

Miz Helen said...

Hi Rosemary,
Mac N Cheese is an all time comfort food for me and your recipe looks delicious! Hope you are having a great week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen