Wednesday 13 July 2011

Sweet Cherry Frangipane Tarts

Cherry season is just starting. Sweet cherries   are  in abundance. As good as they are eating them out of hand wanted to make some   tarts. Cherries and almonds are a great combo.
In winter I make a frangipane crepe that  everyone loves, the frangipane filling is   sinful.  Using part of that recipe  and these fresh cherries .....these are the   tarts I made  .
Similar in texture to a bakewell or maid of honor tart.


pie dough crust, line tart pan

2/3 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup   butter, softened
1 egg
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1  1/2 cup s sweet cherries, pitted
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line tart pan with pie dough..

Mix together  til light and  fluffy,ground almonds, butter,  flour and powdered sugar. Add egg and  almond extract.

Scoop mixture into tarts.



 Place whole cherries in mixture and bake until firm, about 20 -25  minutes.  Til light golden. Let cool .

Dressed up with whipped cream and more fresh sweet cherries.. These are good!

13 comments:

Linda said...

Yum, they look so delicious.

Karen said...

Rosemary, if you keep posting such delicious recipes, I will really be scolded by my MD! I'm supposed to be losing weight, sigh, but your recipes are amazing, I can gain weight just reading them. Ah, life is short, eat dessert first, right?

Victoria Williams said...

Can I come live with you? These look delicious. Are cherries as expensive there as they are here? @ $7 per pound.

Rosanne said...

Oh my, these sound really good and right up my alley!

Barbara F. said...

Rosemary, these tarts look scrumptious! The pastry sounds so good with the ground almonds. xo,

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Did you fold the pastry over the top of the cherries? I'm just trying to wrap my head around how they appear "stuck" in the dough when they are just placed in the shell. Please, do confirm.

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Oh how yummy those look! Great photo presentation as well. Enjoyed your bloomin Tuesday.

Shady Gardener said...

Oh, Rosemary! You DO have some of the most beautiful looking foods and recipes. Printing it!! :-)

Donna Heber said...

Looks scrumptious Rosemary! I do love cherries.

SnoWhite said...

I bet these are tasty! We do love cherries around here :)

Miz Helen said...

What special treats. This will be a great dessert to serve for a luncheon that I am having soon. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week. Have a great week end!
Miz Helen

Jannett said...

yummy..I love cherries...;o)

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations Rosemary,
You are featured on Full Plate Thursday! You are welcome to pick up your Red Plate. Hope you are having a great week!
Miz Helen