Wednesday 24 November 2010

A Winter Poem for Canadians

Fall is just about over in this part of the country. Had a couple of weeks of mild temps days of 15 C and nights above 0. We have seen some snow in the air but no accumulation. The western province's have been freezing, British Columbia has had lots of snow already, so rare for them, the east coast has been mild as has Ontario..
Still Winter is just around the corner and we certainly need to keep a sense of humour about it.

WINTER POEM
It's winter in Canada!
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At thirty-five below.
Oh, how I love Canada
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Canada
I'm frozen to the ground

Did I bring a smile?