Monday 8 February 2010

The Great Houseplant Census of 2010

Mr. McGregor's Daughter started a 2010 census on houseplants. At first I thought I don't have that many but then looking around realized I do!
Number 1, my favourite; spider plant I got from my sister, Donna , but oh my you should have seen it last week when it was 3 times bigger. Spidey so needed
thinning , no soil left in the pot;so I cut it down to 1/3rd. But oh you should have seen it!
2 orchids and one has the start of a flower scape coming.

Primrose
Christmas cactus that flowers in November every year.
Mixed planter that needs attention.
Clivia.
Amaryllis, note the lovely green leaves no sign of a flower to come.
Number 9,Peace lily.
Myrtle, my neighbour Louise's aloe , I am babysitting until she is back from Florida. Yes, Louise named the aloe!
Several potted bulb plants.




My total 14.

4 comments:

Rosanne said...

All your plants are looking good!Love the bulbs!

Shady Gardener said...

Look at you! Your collection is varied and everything looks so healthy! (I cannot answer any questions about amaryllis - I give up!) ha.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Oh, I just love your forced bulbs! Combining them is a great way to do it. I really like the pink Tulips with the cute little Iris reticulatas. Thanks for participating.

Jannett said...

Great looking plants...... :)