Tuesday 22 December 2009

Olympic Torch Run

So looking forward to the Olympic games taking place here in Canada.The Vancouver 2010 Olympic torch run was passing thru a small village Courtland;close to our home, could not miss seeing it.
Bright blue sky , mild temperatures today ,great weather for the run.
Lead vehicle;

Coke had to be there!

RBC as well;
Finally the torch runner;
Canadian flags were waving, children were so excited to see the torch, clapping and cheers as well.

Great turnout for this small community!

Wonder how many Golds Canada will get in 2010!

6 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

Wow that was special. Glad you were able to get there to get some pics.

Wishing you and your family Happy Holidays.

Rosanne said...

That would have been neat to see!

Raph G. Neckmann said...

This looks like a momentous occasion! Wish I could have seen it too.

I've just seen all your pictures of yummy food - oh dear, it's making me hungry!

I'm catching up on visiting blogs - I've been too busy to blog recently, so it's nice to see everyone! Just in case I don't get the chance to visit again before Christmas Day, giraffy greetings and wishes for a lovely Christmas, Rosemary, and thank you for your bloggy friendship through the year!

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I got a picture of my daughter with the torch today. I'll have to post it.

Victoria Williams said...

Here's wishing Canada good luck at the games!

Bob said...

Has anybody else noticed that the torch looks a lot like an over-sized joint? Seems pretty appropriate for BC though.