Tuesday 29 December 2009

It's Arrived!

Snow! yes, snow. The first of the season. About 6 inches.

We were lucky enough to have a green Christmas. Great for all the holiday travellers.
I know you are shocked at that statement , but after 63 years of white stuff; the longer we go with out snow , the happier I am .
Yes,
it is pretty , yes, it is a warm blanket for the gardens.
I Know I live in Canada! Yes, it is great for skiing, snowmobiling, tobogganing and skating , can't forget hockey, let alone ice fishing.
Been there, done that, well maybe not the skiing or the ice fishing.
Know all that; but oh how I hate cleaning off the sidewalks , the driveway, wearing boots and hats and mitts, and don't get me started on driving in it!
Still it is pretty especially when the sky is blue and the sun is shining. How lovely the sparkle.
Yes, the first snow has arrived and it is pretty!

5 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

It is beautiful but I can just imagine it isn't any fun after the second day.

Victoria Williams said...

It is beautiful! Here's hoping they get the roads cleared ASAP!

Jannett said...

You have a lot of snow. We still just have a dusting.

Rosanne said...

You did get some snow! We didn't get that much last night.

Shady Gardener said...

Congratulations Rosemary!! Looks very familiar, and I'm glad you had a White Christmas. :-) Looking forward to 2010!