Sunday 4 October 2009

Why?

Why is it, no matter how few bananas are bought they seem to go brown before all are eaten up . Personally I am sick to death of banana bread, cake and/or muffins.....enough all ready!
Hate to waste food tho......
Decided to try banana pancakes but instead of slicing them into the batter , make bananas part of the batter liquid.
Banana Pancake recipe;
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, bananas, and vanilla.
Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter should be slightly lumpy.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium low heat. Scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides.
Served mine with maple syrup, fresh strawberries and a few blueberries......

PS. There is no oil in this recipe find I get a higher , lighter pancake without oil or butter in the batter.

4 comments:

Noodlegirl said...

Love it!

Rosanne said...

looks like a great recipe! I noticed there are a few bananas to use up in the freezer!lol

Shady Gardener said...

Rosemary, I'm sure these were delicious!! Do you know what I do when bananas begin to get old and I don't have time (or the inclination) to do anything with them? I stick them in the freezer... right in their peel. And I leave them there until I get a collection and need to clean the freezer (or have the desire to make banana "something."). Just let them thaw awhile and squeeze the banana out of the skin and into the bowl! (I know, it's a little gross, but it works every time!) ;-)

Rosemary said...

Noodlegirl, thank you

Rosanne, Oh my I think bananas breed in the freezer...

Shady, They were good, Love your tip..