Monday 23 February 2009

Lunch with a friend

While on Gramma Care at Sherry's, my friend Sue came for lunch .
We spent a great few hours chatting, catching up on all the news in our lives.
I decorated the table using the exotic flowers Sherry received from her hubby for Valentines Day, I found in Sherry's linen cupboard some cheery napkins I used as both place mat and napkin.

Served a simple salad, ham , spring onion and cheddar quiche with a little sparkling wine.
Dessert a trio of chocolate banana cupcake, mocha slice and chocolate covered strawberries.
Several hours flew by as we dined on this simple fare, chatting and sipping wine and then cups of tea. Sharing stories of our day to day lives.
What a great break in this long winter
to spend time with a good friend.
Something we both said we should find the time in our busy days to do more often.
Do you stop every once and a while and spend time with friends?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful lunch! I love the flowers and the fact you used napkins as placemats. The quiche looks awesome!

Teresa said...

What a yummy looking lunch! The picture of the salad made me think, pretty soon we will putting lettuce and Mesclun starts in our gardens.

Rosanne said...

Sounds like it was a good lunch!

Victoria Williams said...

I love such lunches with friends. I have one friend who I meet with at least every other week. We are now involved in a knitting group so we share a ride there and visit and have a simple dinner pre-knitting. It's great.

Pat said...

What a lovely time!
And I'll take exotic flowers over common red roses any day.

Mary said...

Rosemary,

The lunch looks delicious and I'm so glad you were able to enjoy some time with your friend.

Have a great week.
Blessings,
Mary

Dan said...

Looks like a great lunch. I tried your rice pudding recipe and I have done a post about it on my blog. I have it scheduled to post Feb 23 in the morning. You should check it out and thanks again for the award.

Dan said...

*I meant Feb 24 in the morning

WiseAcre said...

Without friends winter would be unbearable. Those banana chocolate cupcakes sound like they'd ease the dreary days too.

Shady Gardener said...

You can't get by without some of those good visits with friends! What a great lunch! :-)