Tuesday 19 August 2008

Rosanne's Salad

This is a great salad Rosanne has made several times with variations on fruit added , so delicious.She made it with 2 of my favourite fruits blueberries and raspberries, for dinner last Sunday and thought I should pass it along.I think I will try it this weekend with peaches and blueberries.


3 cups mesclun greens or romaine(I used mesclun with herbs in it)
1 apple( I used about 1 cups berries)
1/2 cup grated nipppy cheddar
1 celery stalk, chopped
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 - 1 cup raspberries and blueberries (or whatever fruit you like)

Dressing
2 T olive oil
1 T white wine vinegar
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp honey dijon

Whisk dressing ingredients.

Just before serving, toss all salad ingredients with dressing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my that dinner looks soooooo good!!!! Great salad recipe!

Sis

Eve said...

That looks so healthy and good. I am thinking of trying fresh figs with mine. Thanks

Rosanne said...

great pic of the salad!

Jannett said...

nice salad..dinner looks delicious as well. :)