Sunday 10 August 2008

Green Thumb Sunday


With moving my gardening is limited to pots and house plants at the moment.
Because my daughter, Sherry, knew how much I would miss puttering with my flowers , this spring she gave me an herb pot.
The herb pot is a strawberry glazed pot holding 2 types of sage , 2 types of thyme, rosemary , and oregano. The herbs came from Freeman Herb Company.
Do check out their web site lots of info there, recipes, planting designs etc.
This assortment is flourishing , I have been able to use all of the herbs in my cooking over the summer. I plan to cut them back this fall , dry some for using and
hopefully I can hold the plants over the winter to make an herb garden in the spring using one of the plans from Freemans.

6 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Whoa....this is amazing. You say it's flourishing? More than that I'd say. It has astounding growth.

Do you have a long growing season in Ontario?

Dilip Mutum said...

That's a nice collection of herbs. I have a small herb garden going as well but I plan to put in some medicinal ones soon.

Laura said...

I made my own herb box this year for my patio. We are putting in two plots out back for next spring. So hopefully I can do the same as you! Are you just bringing yours inside for winter?

This is my first year with herbs, I still dont know what Im doing!

Lythrum said...

I really sympathize with you Rosemary, we just moved here two years ago. The loss of my previous garden was very hard for me. Starting with a bare lot in a new subdivision was daunting. The upside of it of course is going to a whole new set of local nurseries and poring through seed catalogs for my new garden. My garden is just now starting to feel like "mine" again. :)

PAULE said...

Hi Rosemary
Thanks for your nice comment. I'm looking forward to seeing you new garden.

My Chutney Garden said...

I always love to hear about herb gardens, so thanks for sharing. I have a ton of tarragon and I'm not sure what to do with it,
Glad I found your blog,
sharon